Well, it’s been awhile. Time certainly does weird things. Most of this fall was a blur of getting up, working, chores, sleeping, and getting up again.
It wasn’t until winter break that I finally felt like things slowed down enough for me to really look around at what’s happening. This winter break I’ve:
- Spent time with family and friends: eating, talking, shopping, hanging out
- Made a tiramisu from scratch for the first time
- Enjoyed homemade scones
- Slept more than 9 hours a day – yay!
- Watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Graded papers
- Organized some curriculum binders
- Redeemed the piles of plastic water bottles that have been sitting around for months
- Organized my personal paperwork too
- Wrote holiday cards…but only started sending them today!
- Watched a lot of YouTube…from cats to beauty vloggers to learning about the single transferable vote
- Played tennis and spent time at the park with my friend’s super fun kids
I didn’t get as much done as I normally would have. Been hit with a serious case of low motivation combined with low energy. Just a bit lack-luster around the edges lately. Moving at a sloth’s pace, and it takes a lot of energy to get up and going. I noticed that so much when I was playing with my friend’s kids and hanging out with them. They all seemed so full of life and energy in comparison to me. I would have been able to keep up in the past, but not right now.
Soul searching won’t give me more energy. Rest, taking care of myself, and just buckling down and getting it done will.