I have officially lost track of where I’m at with this item from my 101 things to do in 1001 days list. Thank goodness for the ability to look back and search for things. My memory is bad enough as it is (forgot keys again this week).
Things that make me happy of late:
21. Yummy baked goods. Bread, cake, cookies, tarts, pies.
22. Marshmallow the hamster. I watched him over winter break and it was. The. Best.
23. Good friends who know exactly what you are thinking.
24. Good friends who will bake things with you.
25. HOME. I love home.
26. BSF International. It’s been one of the best things that’s happened to me this year. I’ve learned loads, and I’ve also gotten happier in being in God’s will.
27. Walks with mom. Previously, I’ve been a little hesitant to do this with my mom. I had to get over my shaky relationship with her. Thank God she’s my mom, and thank God that she can forgive me and still love me even though I’ve sometimes been a horrible daughter. I decided to go on walks with her whenever I come home. She’s not motivated to do it by herself, and her doctor has prescribed her to stop eating all breads, rice, pastas, and noodles as she is pre-diabetic.
28. Wise friends with kids who still let me hang out with them despite the Bermuda Triangle of marriage+kids.
29. School dances. They mean a take out dinner with fun colleagues, and dispelling any inappropriate things middle school kids can do at a middle school dance.
30. Family. I love my family. These are the people who will stick with you. Spend time with them. Get to know them. Invest in them. Learn from them. And help them.