It’s been non-stop social activities for the past two weeks. When I got a chance to spend today by myself in hermit mode, it felt wonderful. Especially when I realized that I had written down the dates to the AVID conference a week later than it was supposed to be. Ended up hurriedly doing the launch activities and downloading/printing conference documents like crazy. Packing is the easiest part, thanks to my habit of keeping travel necessities on hand at all times.
Here’s what I’ve been up to lately:
Making homemade mango ice cream. Easier than I thought it would be.
Going to Angel Island and showing my parents the place where their parents stayed for a while before entering the states. Surreal.
Enjoyed Tanabata at Hokane gardens.
Went to my first Yelp event. Excellent fun!
Bought a new rug. I love this design.
Met one of the coolest dogs ever! I am now officially a fan of corgis.
Played a lot of candy crush.
Bonded with my roommate over grass jelly, ice cream, and mango.
Saw pig racing at the Alameda county fair.
Had a nail polishing party.
(Ok, so I know it’s called a manicure, but I like ‘nail polishing’ better. So sue me for being an English Learner.)
Got complimented for my red-white-and-blue jello.
Played with sparklers and ate a lot of bbq chicken wings.
– Organized all my school binders
– Email clean up of 3 accounts
– Cleaned and re-organized my apartment
– Went to Nordstrom Rack for the first time and fell in love with shoe shopping all over again
– Went running. A lot. And by a lot, I mean a lot for me. I hate running, but I’m gonna do it anyway!
– Got a routine physical and some basic blood work. Looking thin doesn’t necessarily equate to health!
– Played Pottermore. Got frustrated at not being able to get fluxweed. Still haven’t been able to get it yet. It’s not a zooming in thing, and I’ve used both Safari and Chrome browsers. Grr.
– Played the best game of Monopoly with roommate, her boyfriend, and hilarious new friend Hannah
– Reassessed my portfolio with my financial advisor. Watch me do grown up things, yo’.